home.

Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Celebration

Last night , 
I headed down to Vivo City to have dinner at Kim Gary Restaurant


GUESS WHO'S BIRTHDAY WAS IS LAST NIGHT ? 

If you've followed me on twitter , 
you would've known , it was my dad's birthday last night ! It's common for my family to have dinner at Vivo whenever it's any of our birthday . But this time , we decided to set for a Chinese restaurant instead because my dad is more used to Chinese food than to Japanese or Western (which is what we always choose) !

 At first , we wanted to
reserve seats instead , since there was TEN of us in total having dinner together ! Sadly , we was told that they don't offer reservations -_______-" SUPER INCONVENIENT , we had to wait outside for quite sometime for them to clear out ten seats for us , how can I let the birthday man wait ? 

Eventually we managed
to get in around 9PM ?? But wtf they told us the last order is 9.30PM , it was such a rush for us ! 
Kim Gary Restaurant's food is more towards Hong Kong delicacies . To be honest , despite all the inconvenience I personally think they put us through , their food is really not bad ! In comparison to our fellow Hong Kong Cafe , Kim Gary Restaurant really do have A LOT more variety in terms of food , drinks , desserts and more ! So if I  have to choose between Hong Kong Cafe & Kim Gary Restaurant in terms of variety wise , I would choose Kim Gary (:

But did I mention , even 
though I really love their menu , their ordering system SUCKS ? Let's be honest and straight to the point here , when it comes to ordering their food , it's a FUCKING MESS . I swear at that point when I wanted to order my food , I was in such rage . How can a restaurant's ordering system be such a mess ? We order through ticking what we want on a piece of paper (common I know) . But not all items are on one piece of paper ! YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR DIFFERENT ORDER PAPERS FOR DIFFERENT FOOD ETC . Can you imagine how frustrated I was when I wanted to order food A , but it's not on the paper I took ? And my sister had to search for ANOTHER paper to order food B ? And I had to search for ANOTHER paper to order my drinks which isn't stated in the papers we took before ? 

And when we submit our papers to the
waitress , she had to double confirm everything again -___- ! Why can't we just order through the waitress like any other normal restaurants ? Horrible . The waitress there said , "Come a few times more , then you would get used to it"

But despite all the mess , here's what I ordered :  

Red Bean Ice Blended ! I love love love the blended ice on top because it has a slight taste of condensed milk mixed with it ! Very nice ! But initially I wanted to order mango x coconut milky lure , but it was out of order ._________."

My main dish here is the Sliced Beef Baked Rice with twin sauce ! Why twin sauce ? Because you're required to choose two sauce which would be mixed in it . Not so bad !

My dad's order
also came along with Borsch soup . And that , took my attention . Why ? Because their Borsch soup is so tiny ! But cute la . Lol . If you're the kind who wants cute stuffs and don't mind being hungry even after drinking it , go for that : 
Yes , cup sized .
The birthday man's dish !

  
Wore a simple knitted pull over that day ! I know my hair is ridiculously horrid , that's because I rushed out the house without applying any hair products . *Admit it Chrysan your hair is still horrible without hair products* T_T


A group photo before leaving Kim Gary : 

TOP Left to Right : Mike , Christy , Jiangyao , Amanda . BOTTOM Left to Right : Aunt , Fiona , Dad's girlf , DAD , ME & Zoey .


A simple dinner just ended off
like that . But that's not all for the birthday man , me , Mike , Christy and my niece Zoey ! Bet you guys gonna say "What ? Your niece is the one in grey top right ? Why does she look older than you ?" . She's 22 this year . Guess my age then LOL 

After leaving Vivo , 
we headed to somewhere nearby . Can you guess it ? We went Mount Faber's Jewel Box !

Zoey & I .

Over here 
at Mount Faber , I SWEAR you wouldn't regret coming ! The night view here is spectacular ! It's so quiet , peaceful , windy & over here , I get to enjoy good Sake , some BBQ food , the breeze in comfy seats ♥ 

P/S : Bring your lover here ! He/she would love it ! Yes there are clean toilets there la also note , it closes at 11.30PM or so ! Can sit cable car HAHA .





The kind of night view there I see with my naked eyes is just a complete different feeling from looking at a photo . Really , making a trip there is so worth it .
 I'm later on served with good Sake ..........





 At this point , you may wonder , no birthday cake for my dad meh ?! 

Here comes the 'birthday cake' ...........
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Maybe I must feel sorry
for being an unfilial child , not being able to get a awesome birthday cake for my dad .. but that was what we were able to get at Mount Faber ! BBQ sticks , delicious :D !




I love you dad ♥ Forever and always . I'll never let you suffer in the future .

It was a pleasant time
spent at Mount Faber last night ! Photos taken with phone would be uploaded to my Instagram later on instead ! Photos here are all taken with my Canon EOS 600D . I hope you guys would have a enjoyable day ahead :D ! 

Wah sibei hungry now must go cook mee ! 

Note last email entry for Bio Essence Giveaway is tonight at 12:00AM .